George C. Maling Award for Excellence in Noise Control Engineering
Engraved Memento and Honorarium of $3,000
Nomination deadline: April 8, 2021
The George C. Maling Excellence in Noise Control Engineering Award is intended to provide, and disseminate widely, recognition for an outstanding project, product, or processes in the applied practice of noise control engineering. The project, product or process should demonstrate a significant contribution toward a quieter environment. The precise nature of the project, process, or product is not rigorously defined by policy, but is left to the nominator to establish and the judges to evaluate. Some examples of possible nominees may include, but are not limited to the following:
- Innovative consumer or industrial products developed specifically for the purpose of noise control or noise reduction,
- Improvements to existing consumer or industrial projects to significantly reduce noise levels or noise exposure,
- Development of new or improved techniques, materials or products for noise control, for buildings and construction,
- Development or improvement of noise policy, guidance or standards resulting in greater or more consistent noise control engineering application or practice,
- New or innovative techniques used in noise assessment or control for large transportation, energy or industrial
projects, including environmental studies, design or construction projects,
- Development or improvements of tools, equipment, processes, practices, computer programs and applications for
use in noise analysis and control.
Nominations may be developed to recognize an individual or group of individuals for closely related contributions which, in the opinion of the nominator, constitute collectively a significant specific contribution to noise control engineering. The award shall consist of an engraved memento and an Honorarium of $3,000. A suitable nomination package for this award is not trivial and will require some time to prepare, so please request the nominating instructions at least one month before the submission deadline. There will be no extension of the submission deadline. Click here for the application form.